1 cup of black beans
1 cup brown rice
1/2 chopped onion
2 stems of fresh parsley
1. Soak beans in a bowl of water overnight
2. The next day, drain and rinse them
3. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to let it simmer
4. Add your pre soaked beans & onions
5. Let them cook for 45 mins to an hour, or until soft
6. Drain, but save the liquid
7. Cook your rice, using instructions on the package (add fresh parsley during cooking stage)
8. Add your cooked beans to the blender, adding liquid for desired consistency
9. Mix some rice in with the beans to get a nice chunky mix
10. Dinner is served!
I froze the remaining portions in my @KiddoFeedo silicone freezer trays. No plastic over here, which means you can safely transfer the hot food to tray right away!